Friday, May 06, 2005

First chemo - Day 8

So far so good - I remain virus-free. That's a huge relief after the drama with Mr Hickman yesterday. However, I can't say the same about my computer, so I had to ask Uncle Alvin to enter today's post instead.

The kind lady from the Children's Cancer Foundation who visits me often gave me a nice surprise today. She knows how much I love playing with CDs and cases, and how much I like Elmo and penguins, so she made me 2 personalized CD covers - one with pictures of Elmo and me, and the other with pictures of penguins. I had such a fun day playing with them.

Will sign off early now, and hopefully I can update the blog again when the computer is fixed tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray Ian!

I'm glad to hear how well you've been doing. (Looks like the computer ain't no match for you either) Keep it up! Heard from yr mommy you've still been keeping them running around disinfecting everything that lands on the floor what with yr toys-tossing skills. Thats yr spirit eh! Why not have fun while you're at it? :)
Poor mommy daddy gramma n grampa must be pretty tired! Don't forget to give them a break sometimes ok?

Do remember to put up the sign: NO ENTRY TO ALL INFECTIONS!

Get Well Soon Ian! We love you.

hugs,
aunty sharon

10:50 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,
Good to know that you are pretty much virus-free. Whew, mummy & daddy must have been relieved! Hope Mr. Hickman will behave from now on. Gosh, he's been giving you hard times!
Enjoy your CD covers! I know being in a hospital room won't give as much entertainment as you would get if you were out there, but still it is possible to have some exciting time; like sticking some more stickers onto daddy's nose?
keep smiling :)

Yoshiko, Sean, Shonagh and Hannah :)

2:03 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

I am Niklas. I am turning four next Monday so I am Shonagh’s age. We’ll have a big party, even my grandparents are coming. They live quite far away from me, in Germany, ten hours drive from us. I live even more far away from you. If you get in an airplane and fly out to us, it would take you about 16 hours I guess. That’s almost a day.

We live far up in the north of Europe which means that it is still pretty cold here, between five and 19 degrees Celsius (if we are lucky). I still have to wear a hat when I am biking. The country we live in is called “Denmark”. My mother and father are from Germany, and so am I. I have a little brother, Simon, who is a few months younger than you.

I just produced a drawing for you. My father has sent it to your father so you might be able to see it soon. It is a ghost or “spøgelse” as it is called in Danish, my favorite language. There are no ghosts, at least in principle, I know. But I think there are ghosts in Copenhagen. My father works there once a week and when I visited him in his office, I think I saw one. At least the building looks as if they host ghosts. It is a very old and very large former warehouse that is directly situated at the harbor. Very close to the “Little mermaid”. I am sure there are ghosts in that building.

I am a bit language confused right now. We speak German at home but everybody else speaks Danish.

Cheers,

Niklas

4:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home