First chemo - Day 9
During my stay in hospital, I've discovered what great fun it is to blow bubbles through a straw, which exasperates Mummy and Daddy heaps (although they find it rather amusing) cos I am supposed to drink loads of water to flush out the toxins.
Today, Daddy showed me a beautiful big butterfly which was resting on a wall outside my room. He lifted me up from my bed so I could see out the window. It fluttered its wings and basked in the sunshine for a long time. I was very excited to watch it. After about 10 minutes, it flapped its wings and flew off. I was sad to watch it go, and kept pointing at the window, thinking the butterfly might come back. Later, when I read my picture books and saw the butterflies, I pointed to the window again. Sadly, the butterfly never came back. I hope I will see another butterfly soon.
Thanks, Jay for your funny messages. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try some of Daddy's legendary spaghetti (since it is just Watties spaghetti with meatballs, he told me the secret is in the heating up) but Mummy has and she says it tastes vile. Since they don't sell it here, I guess I will have to wait till I go to New Zealand again to try it.
Thanks for telling me about yourself, Niklas. You do live a very long way away. Mummy has been to Denmark and visited the Little Mermaid but didn't see any ghosts (phew). Daddy hasn't showed me the letter your Daddy wrote to me yet, nor your picture of a ghost because my computer is really sick and so he can't print it for me. My Uncle Alvin is trying to fix it, but he said it may need to be operated on. I hope it gets better soon.
If all goes well by tomorrow evening, Mr Hickman will be unplugged and I will be coming home. I cannot wait. I hope to tell you about it tomorrow night.


2 Comments:
Dearest Ian.
Its fantastic knowing that you continue to have such high spirit. The butterfly is definitely a well-wisher. Don't be sad, its flying off to spread your words.
take care...
wilkie, cecilia, ernest and robin
12:39 am
Hi Ian,
I am very glad to hear that Mr Hickman will be removed soon and that you will leave hospital soon! I am even happier about the Mr Hickman disaster not causing any infections.
I have been in hospital once. That was real cool! Real nurses, real doctors and my parents almost passed out. They were lucky that my grandparents took care of them. If they hadn’t been so pale I would not have noticed that a surgery is something serious. I was allowed to wear cool surgery clothing, all green with a cool cap. It was just a minor operation. My testicles were not where they were supposed to be and that was it. The operation took ten minutes but I preferred to stay asleep for half an hour. Everything went well and I was released from hospital the same day. It also became a little boring after six hours in the hospital. I wonder how you managed to stay in bed for more than a week. I surely would have freaked out after half a day already.
I now head off to our zoo with my grandparents. It’s my birthday tomorrow and my parents want to have my out of their way I suppose.
Cheers,
Niklas
6:21 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home