Day +100
Yesterday was Day +100 post-transplant and all the doctors and nurses told me to celebrate! The most critical part post-transplant has passed and I didn't get any infection during that time. Phew.
I had my bone marrow test and bone biopsy done on Tuesday as part of the Day +100 protocol checkup. I hope I have good news. The FBC results done at the same time showed that almost all my counts are within the normal range, including the haemogoblin (red blood cells). My platelets have risen even more, and at 285, is close to hitting the 300 of the upper range. This is great cos for most transplant patients, it only gets to 100 on Day +100.
My next scheduled bone marrow biopsy (assuming all goes well) is not till Day +180 and then after that Day +360. I am still on medication to prevent the risk of serious GVHD (organ rejection), so I will still have my immunity suppressed for another few months. In the meantime, I just have to have my blood levels checked every few weeks, to make sure that everything is well.
We are all celebrating today ... it's Mummy's and Daddy's 5th wedding anniversary and I've passed Day +100, so my transplant doctor has made it an exception for me to go out and have lunch - provided no one sitting nearby is obviously sick.
Aunty Jane, thank you for the very cool Ralph Lauren outfit. I was so excited opening the blue box and I like the bright colours you chose. Henry, thank you for the chocolates (I've now acquired a taste for it!) and the DVDs (I'll be watching them during my mealtimes). Thanks to CCF too, for delivering my Christmas gift with a huge Pooh balloon tied to it. They all arrived yesterday, for my Day +100.
Thanks also for all your nice messages. Brigitte, our Christmas tree doesn't have presents underneath since if it did, I would have opened them already. JJ, we are not supposed to travel this year, so Daddy cannot go to Boston. Maybe next year!


1 Comments:
hiya its micaela here,
WOW O:!!!!! your a very strong boy you managed to get through and your so cute and young,
ill miss ya cous and i really wan't to see you and the family some time,
ill email you sometime because there will be no school soon (holidays) :)!!! wo0p wo0p!! lol ill cya round love ya all you shine!~#%%^&%$# LOL! bye =)
love mickey =}
3:41 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home