My Day at the Doctor's

I had a fun day at the doctor's today. It was the first time I was allowed to walk with my shoes on at the hospital. I had most fun in my doctor's office where I was only too happy to push one of her huge chairs in the room and ask, "What's that sound?". Of course, it was the loud, awful noise made by me pushing the chair back and forth the room! I told my doctor "paper come out" of the printer as she printed my latest blood test results. She was impressed, which made me happy. My doctor took two photos of me in her office and here they are! Uncle Jarad, here is a photo of Mummy and Daddy too (we didn't forget your blog request).

The latest FBC results showed that all my counts are normal, which is wonderful news. However, the rashes on my body (due to GVHD) got worse so my doctor increased the dose of the immuno-suppressant drug even more, so it means I am now even more immuno-compromised. I won't be visiting friends and family (except Great-grandma) during the coming Chinese New Year - everyone shakes everyone's hands so it's rather risky in terms of catching a virus off someone.
Hi Niklas & Simon, it's great to hear from you. I used to feel a little insecure sitting on Rody as my legs were too short to reach the floor. Unfortunately, I haven't brought it along to Uncle Alvin's apartment so I haven't sat on it for a while, although I have grown taller. I am looking forward to sitting on Rody again when we move back home. I have no idea what -10 degrees would feel like since it usually does not get below 25 degrees here (and that is at about 5am in the morning).
Aunty Serene, thank you for the two very beautiful flowers with a ladybird and bee on them. I like them lots and I also like to stick butterfly stickers on the petals.
Uncle Mark, thanks for getting the very, very long (2 metres) rainbow coloured snake for me. I like to sit on the mat and have the snake wrap around me!
Aunty Shuhui, thanks for the pink balloon - I'm careful not to let it float out of the window this time!
Aaron - I hope the fries are exceptionally good cos I am look forward to having lots of it when I come visit. In the meantime, do you think you could send some up to Singapore to satisfy my cravings?!


3 Comments:
Hi Ian,
Happy New Year to you all.
Great that you're doing so well.You're a smart and observant boy pressing all the buttons and asking all the questions.
Thanks for posting the photos of you and Mummy and Daddy - all very
lovely to see.
Love,
Aunty Margaret
4:27 am
Hello Ian,
I'm new to your blog. Nice to meet you! Looking forward to you many interesting entries!
:)
11:22 pm
Hello Ian,
I know how to wish you a Happy New Year in Chinese, but do not know how to write it, so you will have to accept it in English.
We are delighted to see photos of all three of you. My, how you have grown! I wish I could hear you talk.
Someday soon when you can travel on a plane we would love to see you and introduce you to the New York area.
We are very pleased to know how well you are doing.Keep up the good work.
Love, Henrietta and Bernie
9:46 am
Post a Comment
<< Home