Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Belated Chinese New Year!

A Happy Belated Chinese New Year to you all! Sorry I haven't updated my blog for such a long time. It's because I've been having such a great time over the Chinese New Year visiting Great-grandma, seeing some of my granduncles and grandaunts, collecting angpows (they are red packets filled with money which children get for good luck during the CNY) and watching the huge floats featured at the Chingay parade drive along the main street outside Uncle Alvin's apartment.

I have also been out to more restaurants and meeting more people. I love playing with crayons and colouring pencils which I am given at most restaurants ... somehow, they all end up on the floor after Mummy and Daddy have finished their meal!

I was at the doctor's today and she had some good news for me. As all my counts are good and the GVHD rashes are so mild, she decided to lower the dose of the immuno-suppressant drug. If there are no more new rashes by the end of the month, she may wean me off it completely next month! That means my immune system will be stronger so I can interact more with people. Being off the drug also means I can go out in the sunshine again. However, it will still take another year or two before my new immune system becomes completely developed.

Maria Porpor, thank you for the Nemo DVD and the books. I like watching the colourful fish (it reminds me of the lovely fish at the marine fish shop which Mummy and Daddy often take me to) but the barracuda is a little scary with its many sharp teeth! Because I like Nemo, I have decided to name both my goldfish (given by Uncle Andrew and Aunty Serene) Nemo! Uncle Andrew and Aunty Serene, thank you for the goldfish and books. I like pressing the buttons on the book and tap dancing to the beat!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

Sorry I haven't been able to write you often. I was in Boston early January. It was a memorable trip. I drove to Boston from here - first time!! More interestingly, I had to evacuate from the hotel room (about 2:00am in the moring) due to fire alarm - Can you believe it?

In fact, as your Mummy and Daddy may recall, last time when I visited Boston, we walked around the Copley Place (shopping mall in downtown Boston) and had fun together. It was even before you were born.... but I feel like it was yesterday.

Take care,

- J.J.

2:39 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home