Another bone marrow test
I had another bone marrow test done today. It is routine post transplant, to see what's going on in my new bone marrow. My doctor says there is only one more bone marrow test to go ... in September this year (another routine test one year after transplant), so I only have to endure one more round of yukky oral sedation medicine. I guess the Hickman's line will be removed after my last bone marrow test so I don't have to be poked by too many needles since I have very small and obscure veins. It will be a few more days until I get the full results back but my blood count results are all normal.
I am looking forward to celebrating joining the "exclusive" club of "Terrible Twos" this Monday. Mummy and Daddy reckon I'm a little bit advanced for my age, as I have already started "terrible two" type behaviour a few weeks back. Most of my antics revolve around eating (or refusing to eat, that is) but now I am getting more sophisticated in finding ways to try to win the battle.
My rashes still come and go, so I am still dealing with some GVHD. I still can't get exposed to any sunlight. My skin is extremely dry and I have to apply cream about 10 times a day. However, maybe as a birthday present, my doctor has allowed me to reduce the dosage of my medicine. If my GVHD doesn't get worse, maybe I can eliminate it altogether and then I will be able to go out into the sunlight again.


2 Comments:
Hi Ian
We realised your birthday was coming. HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad that your tests are nearly all over. It will be great when you can get out in the sun again. :) It sounds like you're having fun in big buildings. Enjoy the terrible twos.
Love from Uncle Stephen, Aunty Donna, Benjamin and Matthew
4:30 pm
Hello Ian!
You are two! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
You've got Dr. Suess and a party of animals coming to see you real soon! Meanwhile, have loads of fun and chuckles :) enjoy!
Love
"laoyi" Annie, Sharon & Edwin
9:41 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home