Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I am Two!


Yippee ... I turned two on 3 April and I can be as naughty as I would like to be cos I'm now a "terrible two"!

I didn't have a birthday party this year cos of the current Hand Foot & Mouth virus in circulation. Several childcare centres have closed because of infections and since all my little friends attend daycare or playschool, I have been advised it wouldn't be a good idea to have a party with them. Anyway, I had a good time celebrating my brithday at home with Mummy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Alvin and Aunty Peiqi (the dungarees fit perfectly). I got a cake with Elmo holding a rugby ball (I chose it myself!) and lots of presents and angpows (money inside red packets). It's fun ripping up the wrapper to find what's inside!

Mummy & Daddy also took me to Toys R Us and I picked a really cool marble racer toy in which I can drop the marbles into different cups at the top of the towers and they cascade down a maze of different paths, loops, tunnels, roller-coasters and steps down onto the one of the coloured bases.

Meanwhile, my rashes got so bad on my birthday since my doctor halved the dose of the immuno-suppressant drug last week that it's now back up to where it was before. She will review the dose again in May at my next appt. I guess I will have to wait again to get out into the sunshine. Sigh ...

I have some good news. The results of my recent bone marrow tests suggest complete chimaerism, that is, my bone marrow is now 100% donor and there is good marrow engraftment.

Thank you for all your lovely email messages, e-cards, blog messages and well wishes ... I am already looking forward to celebrating more birthdays!

Uncle Andrew & Aunty Serene - thank you for the huge Thomas Adventure set. I particularly like having the helicopter going around on top of the train station and watching Thomas go by underneath. Thanks also for the neat outfit!

Thank you, Jane, for the lovely shirt. I have outgrown all my other shirts so it's terrific to have a new shirt which I can now wear - the fabric is so light, bright and thin, which makes it very comfortable to wear out on all these hot days.

Keene, Aunty Eileen & Uncle Kelvin - the spinning jigsaw puzzles are lots of fun. Thanks! I can identify all the animals and spinning them around keeps me busy during mealtimes!

Aunty Sharon & Uncle Ibsen, thank you for the Dr Seuss books and animals. I'm going to have a good time with the toys animals when you come this weekend ... maybe I will be allowed to take them into my bath so they can play with my water penguin and Nemo!

Thanks, Nate & Hannah for the cool tees. The design on the blue tee resembles my paintwork and the little spaceships remind me of the computer game space invaders which Daddy & I like to play!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday. little guy!

12:13 am

 
Blogger aaron said...

Hi Ian,

Sorry we're a bit late but Happy Birthday!!! That's a very cute picture!

Aaron & Yuka

6:14 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

I'm so sorry ! I forgot your birthday.
Happy Belated Birthday!!
You look great in the picture!!

I hope you have an awesome birthday and get everything you want. Although I can't recall my 2nd birthday, most of my past birthdays were memorable ones...

By the way, do you remember that I told you to take a positive attitude towards life? Today's New York Times has an interesting article about happiness.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/08/business/09instincts.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Take care,

- J.J.

2:54 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ian! You look great in the photo!! And the bone marrow results are wonderful wonderful wonderful. What a lot of good things all at once.

1:40 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home